• has performed since the early-90s at more schools in middle and east Tennessee than he can count.
• has performed for children at multiple festivals and theaters.
• is a national Parent's Choice award winner.
• is the host of the WDVX radio show Kidstuff.
• is on the Tennessee Arts Commission's Teaching Artist Roster.
• performs and records with The Lonetones.
• has three children's albums, five albums with the Lonetones, and several other projects to his name.
• taught music as a visiting artist in all seven Jefferson County public pre-schools for several years.
• performs regularly for school groups at the Great Smoky Mountain Institute at Tremont.
• worked in schools for several years as part of the Jubilee Community Arts School Program.
• taught music and storytelling in Headstart classrooms as a participating artist with the Wolftrap Institute.
• taught music at Garden Montessori School.
• teaches musicology courses at the The University of Tennessee covering everything from music of Appalachia to rock ‘n roll to classical to world music.
• holds a masters degree in ethnomusicology with a focus on music of Appalachia.
• is the band leader and keyboard player in The John Myers Band.
• toured as the mandolin player with the Carpetbag Theatre play Between A Ballad and A Blues about Howard "Louie Bluie" Armstrong.
• has coordinated the music for the Louie Bluie Festival and Vestival.
• was the concert manager for the Laurel Theatre in the mid 90s.